Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

Market Mondays: Art Drying Rack

Here is the first feature of Market Mondays, in which I pick a product that I have used in my classroom and offer up a review.  Today's product is geared toward any teacher that teaches art or uses paints or other things that need to be able to dry in their classroom.

This year, I was determined to get a drying rack so I no longer had to have papers strategically placed throughout the classroom to dry after the students used either paint or something other medium that could possibly smudge.  Plus, I can't stand having miscellaneous papers left on a student's desk unless it's being used. I like things to be very neat and organized, so when I got the Sax Stack-a-Rack Drying Rack for my classroom, I knew it would be perfect!  This awesome product can be found on Amazon or at the Learning Outlet for under $100.

In order to better assist you, I broke down the pros and cons of this product for a quick review:

PROS:

  • 25 shelves
  • stackable so you can buy more than one and stack them on top of each other
  • Can be hung on the wall or put on wheels (I have my on wheels so I can move it about the classroom)
  • The perfect size for art projects on paper 11x17 or smaller
  • Doesn't take up a lot of room which is a huge plus when you have limited space in your classroom
  • Only $85.49 on Learning Outlet and you get FREE SHIPPING!
  • It came already assembled - all I had to do was throw the wheels on.
CONS:
  • The shelves do not lift up. Sometimes it is hard to see what shelf you are using and if there is a smaller piece of paper already there.
  • It only comes in red. This worked for me since my classroom I use bold primary colors. However, there are a lot of teachers who use softer pastels.  But upon further inspection, I believe you could easily spray paint this to match your color scheme.  
Despite those cons, I still award this product 4.5 out of 5 stars.  It would have received 5 stars in the shelves were able to flip up. But hey - for $86 this is one awesome product!!  

Next week's product: Really Good Stuff Chair Pockets




2 comments:

  1. I saw your post on Edmodo. Your daughter is so cute. I'm new to blogging...started in November and have two followers. My problem is I'm not sure what the purpose of my blog is...so it tends to be a hodgepodge of anything. I love it when I come across a linky party b/c that's something to post about. I'll follow your blog if you would follow mine. I'm sure you're much more tech savy and maybe will have some ideas for me. I'm learning lots...like a sponge. We just became 1:1 last Friday. By the way, I teach 8th grade language arts. My blog site is 8lateacher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kris,
    Thank you so much! My daughter is what has kept me so busy....she was born just a couple days after I started to blog again so I ended up taking another long break. :-) I've never heard of a linky party....what is that? Since you are just starting blogging I recommend you look at Teaching Blog Traffic School. I signed up to begin building my base up and so far so good! (Just started a couple days ago actually.) http://teachingblogtrafficschool.com/teachingblogtrafficschool.com/Welcome.html

    Also, I'm following your blog now too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...